The Diamond Valley Lions Club draws its members from the surrounding areas including Diamond Creek, Greensborough, South Morang and Epping, we are actively seek new members who are like minded in enjoying themselves whilst supporting the community. All money raised at Club activities goes directly to approved activities, Club members pay a small annual fee to support the running of the Club.
During 2016 we had our most successful Twilight Market ever, we had a sell-out of stalls, the Club raised over $2000, we ran Daffodil Day at the Greensborough Plaza raising over $3000 for the Cancer Council, our stall at the Diamond Creek Town Fair raised nearly $2000. We also had several Bunnings BBQs, the BBQ trailer benefited from its recent refit.
Christmas Cake sales reached a new high, sales reached $30,000, including 69 Bunnings Cafes in Victoria and South Australia.
- Supported the Diamond Creek Blue Light Disco
- Ran a BBQ for the Greensborough Junior Footy Club
- Tree Planting for Arbour Day
- Participated in Clean Up Australia Day
- Recycled superseded automotive spare parts to reduce member’s fees
- Recycle for Sight Project passed 12,500 glasses
In addition key donations included:
- Platinum sponsor Nillumbik White Ribbon Day
- Lions Club International Federation, Cyclone Pam, $1500
- Summer Hill Knitters Group, $400
- Friends of Watery Gully $500
- Yarrambat Primary School $500
- Lions Childhood Cancer Research $800
- Keeping Nillumbik Kids in School $1600
- Diamond Creek Men’s Shed $500
- Diamond Creek Scout Group $500
Lions Clubs are part of community life, in the cities and in the country. Clubs are easily identified by their distinctive Logo, the trademark of our International Association, and the 'We Serve'; motto.
Lions Australia is part of an international association, filled with people who are joined by the common desire to make their communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
Membership is open to all people of the community in good standing.
Every Lions Club is a little different. Each has its own mix of activities and meetings.
We invite you to listen to some short audio messages about Lions Clubs.
Here is brief 30 second video about Lions Clubs in Australia.
Lions Clubs Australia